Presentation Date: November 28th, 2018
- Location: Hazy Business Building in room 121.
- Time: 6:00 pm
- Winners will be announced after all have presented! Good Luck!
Using Slides? Send slides to Dixie.tie.Club@gmail.com by 5pm on Sunday November 25th, 2018
- Time Limit: 2 minutes
- Q&A from judges: 2 minutes
- Visuals and slides are allowed
- PowerPoint is preferred for the presentation
- More details can be found in the competition packet below:
- Download a copy of the competition packet for official rules and guide to competition
- If you have questions, email: Dixie.tie.Club@gmail.com
Executive Summary Submission Deadline Date:
- Sunday, November 25th (11:59 pm)
- Email to Dixie.tie.Club@gmail.com(PDF format preferred)
Past Participant Executive Summary Examples Below:
What is the Opportunity Quest Competition?
Opportunity Quest (OQ) is a business plan competition at DSU that seeks to find the most competitive and professional executive summary and elevator pitch video for a new or existing student business. It is part of the Utah Entrepreneur Series, a series of competitions that prepare students for the state-wide entrepreneur competition, “Utah Entrepreneur Challenge” (UEC).
Opportunity Quest is directed by students and is possible because of generous support from sponsors, mentors, judges, faculty and staff of Dixie State University.
- The competition is open to all students (any major) at Dixie State University
- Each year $5,000 in prize money is given away (1st Place = $2,500; 2nd Place = $1,500; 3rd Place = $1,000)
- DSU winner is automatically advance to the Top 20 of the UEC ($100K in prizes)
Why Join / Participate
The competition fosters and promotes business growth at the college and university level by giving students a chance to organize, direct, and present a business idea to a panel of judges. Opportunity Quest provides teams with an educational forum to prepare them for the competition and aid them in the creation and implementation of their business plan. By joining you will:
- Get helpful feedback in order to move forward with your business opportunity
- Receive tips and insights from other students who have participated in past competitions
- Set deadlines, motivate and push yourself to focus on building a successful business
- Build your network by meeting like-minded students and faculty
- Get the cash you need to jump start your business venture
- Gain skills and resources you need to be an entrepreneur